Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My Honda Pilot 2007 do not open door with the key or remote.

Customer Question

My Honda Pilot 2007 do not open door with the key or remote. Days ago by mistake I was trying to open it with another key. Now when introduce real key, a red light blink but do not mannually open door.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now I can not enter in the car, the car read the remote signal but is like lock for security
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tengo Honda Pilot 2007, por error use llave de otrop auto para tratar de abrirla, ahora no puedo abrirla con su llave, solo flashea la luz roja del seguro al insertar la llave pero no abre la puerta. Reconoce el beeper pues enciende dentro del auto pero no abre los seguro y con la llave tampoco, no se siente que enganche nada en la puerta al girar la llave manualmente.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
Most likely the immobilizer module has lost programming due to the wrong key being used and will need to be re-programmed. Because you are locked out, it will need to be opened with a jimmy tool and then it can be reprogrammed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I open it with the tool, can I reprogram it by myself? If possible, how can I do it?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
It will likely need to be reprogrammed with a scan tool, but first once the door is open, disconnect the battery for 1 hour, reconnect, insert key into ignition and turn to ACC position for 10 seconds, turn off, then see if the key works.
If it doesnt, it will need to be reprogrammed with a scan tool
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try that first. I let you know what happen later.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
Ok, sounds good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I insert the key in the door lock, a red light blink beside the lock of the door, I can turn the key both way but nothing happen.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
That is the immobilizer, which is set due to the wrong key that was used. It no longer recognizes your key.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible that, after I open the car and disconect the battery for an hour and insert the key moving it to the ACC for ten seconds and back to off, recognize it again?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Yes, many times this will work. Disconnecting the battery does a hard reset of the control module to erase any fault codes stored when the wrong key was used
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in my job now, as soon as I get home, I will try that to see. I will contact you again.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Ok, sounds good.