Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My Honda Accord 2009 V-6 CD changer is stuck in the changer

Customer Question

My Honda Accord 2009 V-6 CD changer is stuck in the changer giving a Mech Error when pressing Inject. the problem just happened today when putting a new CD in the changer. I tried using the Eject and Load button together for 10+ seconds with no success. Also disconnected the negative of the battery, waited for on hour and reconnected. I then entered the security code for the radio and tried to eject. Now it reports "Check" followed by an Mech error code again. If you know of a method to fix my problem for sure, I would be glad to pay for the service info, if not what I already tried.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
I have had moderate success using a small pick tool with angled end to catch the changer and pull it out as someone pushes the eject button. If you get it out, if any of the cds were burned at home and have labels, check that labels have peeled up due to age or heat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Eric, I already tried that prior to contacting you. Nothing has work that I found on the Internet as a solution. You have provided the least info of all my internet contacts. The indicator for the 6 CD's now show no indication of a loaded CD and the Eject light is not shown after I disconnected the Battery, waited an hour and when reconnected. On re entering the radio code, indicator eject light is not shown. The CD that caused the problem was a new one loaded in position 1. A check indicator now is shown and then a Mech Error follows.
It seem to me that only removal of the Radio and 6 CD Changer and sent to dealer for repair in CA for repair will solve the problem. If there is a fuse separate for the CD change from the Radio fuse, I can't find it listed in my Manual for the 2009 Accord EX-L V6 with XM The radio and XM and all other functions work ok.
If you have any other solutions for the problems noted above, your answer failed to correct the problem.
Herbert
.