Fixitman
Fixitman, Technician /Advisor
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Auto/Diesel Technology,
1627031

Got a 2003 Civic and it started running really rough and the

Customer Question

Got a 2003 Civic and it started running really rough and the heck engine light is flashing.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. When the light flashes it means that there is a cylinder misfire. This can be caused by a bad spark plug or coil or a number of different things. The best way to start is by having the computer scanned for codes. Most auto parts stores will do this for free. If you can have this done and bring me the codes I can tell you better as to what is going on and what needs to be done to fix it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did take my car down to Advance Auto parts and ask them to read it for me and he just told me to take it to a shop. That all the codes would do is tell me that I had a problem, which I already knew...
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

If you want to narrow it down then I would try another parts store. If you do not want to do this you may want to start with the spark plugs if those have not been done in some time. I always hate just putting parts on though without fully knowing what is happening. You can also purchase a code reader at most auto parts stores for about $30-40.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Wil take it to another parts store but it will be tomorrow.
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

Okay. Please let me know when you can as I would like to help you with this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Will do!
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.