Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Kyle, my 2005 Odyssey has the same problem, starter won't

Customer Question

Hi Kyle, my 2005 Odyssey has the same problem, starter won't crank, no sound. Battery is good. Having road service person got starter replaced (bought from Auto Zone (claimed original part, part cost $212). It runs OK for 2 weeks.
This morning, problem came back again at gas station. After few tries, it started after I touched the parking shift.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the article you answered earlier, you have suggested: shift cable adjustment or the range switch is faulty same thing.
Can you list the order of checking items? what might cause Odyssey won't start?
TJ
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

It is likely either the shifter cable needs adjustment or the transmission range switch is faulty and not registering in park all the time. I have uploaded the procedure to adjust the shifter cable, which you will want to do first, and then if still an issue, replace the transmission range switch, which I have also uploaded directions for

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks