justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

I have a 1999 Honda Civic LX which when I turn on the lights

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Honda Civic LX which when I turn on the lights none of the interior dash or knobs illuminate. It does not appear to be a fuse, so I'm curious if it might be the
interior dimmer switch. Any thoughts?
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

The most likely problem is in fact the dimmer switch. It is located on the dash to the left of the steering wheel. I will include a picture. If you have a multimeter or test light I can help you diagnose it electronically. I can also help you by-pass the dimmer switch so the lights will always work. Just let me know how you'd like to proceed.

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there won't be additional charges for asking questions after you rate so I will keep on assisting until the issue is resolved.