justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

99 civic ex wont start plugs wet, good spark only starts

Customer Question

99 civic ex wont start
plugs wet, good spark
only starts with pedal to floor but barely starts
after initial startup it runs and starts back up perfectly until it sits 20 minutes then the same thing
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. I need you to do something to help me in diagnosis. The next time it is having trouble starting I need you to pay attention to the following:

1). Is the check engine light coming on and staying on with the ignition switch in the ON position?

2). Is the check engine light coming on at all?

3). Listen for 2 clicks coming from the main fuel relay under the driver's side dash. You should hear 1 click when the ignition switch is in the ON position and another click about 2 seconds later.

I will look for you response.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no check engine lights fuel pump comes on normally spark looks good its getting fuel [plugs get wet] when trying to start...
it will start after a while if i floor it while cranking after that it runs and starts fine until its cold again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please someone answer i need help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is obviously bait and switch auto answer bullshit,,,,im cancelling the card transaction
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay. I had an event to attend and was gone for a while. I apologize. I am available for the next 20 or so minutes. Do you want to continue?