Fixitman
Fixitman, Technician /Advisor
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Auto/Diesel Technology,
1627031

I have a 07 honda accord v6 and when u start car up it makes

Customer Question

Hi I have a 07 honda accord v6 and when u start car up it makes ticking sound den when it warm up it stops what could they be???
Category: Honda
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me how many miles are on the car?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
251987
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Depending on the severity of the noise it can be a number of things. If it is a faint ticking noise then most of the time it is the fuel injectors cycling. They tend to make noise when they open and close and can stop once the engine warms up. If the noise is fairly loud then you may have a mis-adjusted valve or even a failing valve timing actuator. Did you plan on fixing this yourself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mite I notice that the car make ticking noise wen start up first time todae den wen it warms up its stops. I also notice wen I'm driving I get off gas I feel car jerk den stops wen I give it more gas. But dnt skip while idle or driving just does a lil mist wen get off gas n stop wen u give it more gas....
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. When was the oil last changed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I changed oil wen it get dwn to 30% right now it a 55%
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

If the new oil changed the noise then it is more than likely in the valve train. You would need to isolate which side of the engine that it is coming from and pull that valve cover and see which valve the noise is coming from.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Coming from back side by fire wall of car
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. If it is coming from the back side of the engine I would start by checking the spark plugs. You want to make sure that none of the spark plugs are loose as this noise will occur if one backs out. If the plugs are tight then you are going to need to remove the valve cover and check for issues with the valve train.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will check todae I start car up yesterday it made ticking noise like 5 mins n stopped n didn't hear it again
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

Let me know what you find and we can continue if needed. Thank you.