Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech 34 years.
7276279

My sliding doors will not open when the ignition is turned

Customer Question

Hello, my sliding doors will not open when the ignition is turned on. 2012 Honda Odyssey
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They close fine, and even open when the ignition is off. But when ignition is on they will not open.If I open them with ignition off and then turn the car on, there is a constant alarm noise that doesn't close till you close the doors.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Start first with looking to see if the VSA light is coming on and if so then it has to be addressed first. Honda has released a service bulletin that address this concern. See it in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Sliding%20door%20Aug%2020.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The VSA light is on. I've tried to disconnect the battery for a while to clear it with no luck.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If the VSA ling ti coming on that means the system is seeing a fault and in order to know what is failing you are going to need to start with having the system scanned the fault code and or codes retrived