Mike, Honda Technician
Experience:  33 years of diagnostic / repair work.
9261905

Honda CR-V 2012 Last night heavy rain storm came through

Customer Question

Honda CR-V 2012 Last night heavy rain storm came through while I was at a friends house. Neighbor came by and said my flashers were on. I went out started the car the flashers went out. Drove 15 miles home and when I stopped the car and the flashers started again. Thinking it was the electronic key I broke it open since I could not get the screw out. This had happened to me before. The flashers would not stop. Finally had to disconnect the battery to stop flashers. This AM car would start and die in rapid order, nothing else.
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** ***** Im sorry to see you have had a wait.
With this issue..it does seem evident that the issue was caused by the rain - but , was it caused by the heavy rain - the rate / hardness at which it was hitting the car.. or, is it water ingress into the electrics.
It is hard to know at this stage of course - but, if you have interior ultrasonics - ( some models do / some not ) your owners manual tells you how to over ride these... Do that - and then see if that cures it next time. It can be the heavy rain that would actuate the alarm that way see.
Some systems are more prone to it - some you can have the dealer adjust the sensitivity settings on these - its worth asking them about this.
I do actually think this will be your issue - but If not.. it would be a case of checking the car through for water ingress into the electrics causing a short.
The other issue that can / does cause this is a fault with the boot / trunk / hood alarm switches.. I mention that for you , just in case.
A plug on diagnostic test can trace these issues for you - as the car is 12 reg, it should still be under warranty so I would approach the dealer with these issues.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~>>>>>>~ Meanwhile - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..
Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -
- Best Rgds, MIKE.