justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

Have a honda civic when it's hot it cranks but won't start,

Customer Question

Have a honda civic when it's hot it cranks but won't start, acts as if it wants to but will not, if it's cool outside it will crank no problem any suggestions.
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

I work on only Honda/Acura vehicles 5 days a week so I know the brand well. The most likely problem here is a faulty Main Fuel Relay (also known as the PGM-FI relay). This relay is located behind the driver's dash panel left side (sitting in driver's seat it will be to the left near your knee) fastened with a 10 mm bolt. I will include a picture. It has a brown 8 pin connector. Disregard this testing instructions listed with the picture. It is only to show you the relay location. Most auto parts stores such as Advance or Auto Zone will have this part readily available at around $50. Replace this and it should take care of your problem.

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there won't be additional charges for asking questions after you rate so if you need more information just ask me. Thanks.