justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

I hava a 2205 Honda odyssey EX have tow wires in the engine

Customer Question

i hava a 2205 Honda odyssey EX have tow wires in the engine compartment a blue white (which connects to the wiring harness on a front spark plug and a green white wire which is not connected to anything. any ideas where it goes. the car will not start at all.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a 2005 Honda odyssey EX. there are two wires in the engine compartment a blue white (which connects to the wiring harness on a front spark plug and a green white wire which is not connected to anything. any ideas where it goes. the car will not start at all.I have replaced the battery, the battery connectors and negative ground wires, and the starter. nothing has worked. when i try to start all i get is a single turn like a dead battery. have also tried to jump start but same results.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. It would be very helpful if you were to take some pictures of the wires in question and post them to this forum. This would give me a better understanding of what wires these are exactly. Also, why did you replace the negative ground connections? Is your vehicle rusty?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Forget itn. I thought it was an instant chat to give me an answer
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Well I have to have some better indication of what wires these are exactly to see if they have anything to do with the starting circuit. They may not, and the issue may be totally separate. Try hitting the starter with a solid object while someone holds the key over in the START position. If the starter is the problem this trick will sometimes get it going a few more times. When starters fail they can sometimes cause the issue you're experiencing so give this trick a shot.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am not satisfied with this service please credit me my $32 back, it said at first to chat then it turned to email. it also said it was going to be $26 not $32. I stated i had already replaced the starter so tapping on it was of no help