Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

On 2004 Honda accord the gh been headlights won't work the

Customer Question

On 2004 Honda accord the high been headlights won't work the lo been are fine have already checked fuses
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

Can you please tell me if the flash to pass function works? It's when you pull the switch handle back to flash the high beams. Do you have a test light or voltmeter? Can you check for power at the high beam fuses? The fuses have a exposed metal tab so they can be tested while still installed.

Thanks!

Honda-Man

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Flash to pass works but no power at fuse
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

If the flash to pass works then power will be going through the fuses. The fuses only have power when the lights are being used. If the flash to pass works the problem is most likely gong to be the switch. Your Accord headlights are fairly complicated. The switch sends the lights on command to the wiper switch it has a built in control unit. Then the wiper switch sends the on command to the relay module which is built into the under-hood fuse box. The relay sends power to the high beams. The process is the same for the low beams. The relays are not replaceable since they are inside the relay module. If you can send me the VIN for your Accord I can provide the parts and replacement information for the switch.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. I will continue to help after the rating until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thanks again! ~Honda-Man