HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

My 2003 Honda Civic LX is blowing hot air when I turn the

Customer Question

My 2003 Honda Civic LX is blowing hot air when I turn the A/C on.
Category: Honda
Expert:  PLCUSTOMER-mzof8sxf- replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** here to help you with your air conditioning problem. May I have the VIN number for your vehicle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1hges16543l004226

Thank you, ***** ***** a 2003 Honda Civic 1.7 LX. Turn the A/C on full and check to see if the A/C compressor comes on. You will need to open the hood and look at the compressor pulley. When the compressor is off there will be a disc (A/C clutch) that is stationary, when the compressor turns on, the disk will start to spin. Please let me know if the disk spins or stays stationary.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The A/C compressor does not come on. I did jumper the compressor relay and I was able to get the compressor to come on that way.

Thank you for the information. This is going to be a problem with the switching side of the AC system. I have attached the procedure to check the entire circuit of the AC pressure switch. If all the diagnostic steps check out, you will need to replace the AC pressure switch.

I am happy to provide clarification on the diagnostic procedures.

Please remember to leave positive feedback as that is the only way I receive credit for my work :)