Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

I was just told that I have a leaking cam shaft and crank

Customer Question

I was just told that I have a leaking cam shaft and crank shaft on my 98 Honda Civic. What would be the approximate cost for fixing this?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

The 2 front engine seals are under $10. The water pump($81), coolant($22), timing belt($40), all comes to $153. Total with labor is approx. $653. My parts info is using actual Honda parts. The labor estimate is using $125 per hour at 4 hours total. The labor rate and hours may vary slightly. If the seals are leaking the timing belt can become damaged from oil contamination. Either way the timing belt should be replaced when it's removed to replace the seals and water pump.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. I will continue to help after the rating until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thanks again! ~Honda-Man