MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH, Honda Service Technician
Experience:  28 years of Honda training and a master Honda tech
10834442

I have a 2006 Honda Odyssey. It has developed a pretty bad

Customer Question

Hello. I have a 2006 Honda Odyssey. It has developed a pretty bad oil leak. The leak drips in a straight line, parallel with the vehicle. Looks like it is coming out where the engine and transmission mate together. Would this be the main crankshaft seal?
Category: Honda
Expert:  MASTER TECH replied 1 year ago.

Hello welcome to just answer .

can you be sure it's oil and not atf ?

also check the power steering pump. when the pumps leak bad the ps fluid will trail along and leak at the rear of the motor.

if this is all good remove the inspection cover 2 10mm bolts. and look inside . typically we see the rear main seal and Rear oil plate leak ( oring) and also the front pump seal on the transmission .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it is not atf. It is oil. I guess the trans has to be removed to repair, correct? Do you know how much approximately it would cost to repai at a honda dealership?

yes this is correct the transmission will have to be removed. the average book time is about 11 hours of labor plus the parts. now this will vary by shop and dealer as their labor rates vary