HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I have a 2006 Honda Civic .. Ac blows hot and cold ... Check

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Honda Civic .. Ac blows hot and cold ... Check relay and replaced fan. Mechanics aren't sure why it's stops blowing cold.
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. You said you "checked the relay". What exactly did you do to check it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Took it to a mechanic shop and they changed it
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Okay, so the relay was replaced. Does this happen quickly? Meaning, when the a/c stops blowing cold does it cycle on and off quickly or does it stop and then start blowing cold again a while later?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It blows cold for a while and than blows warm air. It's doesn't really kick back on for a while
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

The next time the a/c stops blowing cold I need you to look under the hood at both cooling fans. Let me know if they are or aren't running with the engine running and a/c switch pressed ON. This information will help me determine what the issue most likely is. Thanks