justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

2009 honda odyssey rear electric tailgate won't close all

Customer Question

Hello 2009 honda odyssey rear electric tailgate won't close all wat. It come down when I hit the button but when reaches the bottom I have to push it to completely close
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won'e be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

The problem here is a faulty lock and closer assembly. Included within this assembly are several switches that report the position of what tailgate and allow it to latch into place when it reaches the proper point. Also included within this assembly is the closer motor which pulls the tailgate to a fully latched position. Sliding doors have a very similar mechanism. Replace this and the tailgate will close properly. I will include a link to view the part, part number, and pricing. It will be #10 in the parts list. I would rate this repair a 7 on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most difficult task. If you would like instruction on repair I will do my best to guide you once you receive the part.

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there won't be additional charges for asking questions after you rate so if you need more information just ask me. Thanks.

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts-list/2009-honda-odyssey-5dr_exl-ka-5at/tailgate-power.html

Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.
Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer. If you need more information just ask me. Thanks!