HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I have a 98 civic 1.6L it runs perfect when the ac is not

Customer Question

I have a 98 civic 1.6L it runs perfect when the ac is not turned on, however when the ac is ran the idle will fluctuate and as a result the ac compressor will engage and dis-engage. I thought it was my ac compressor going bad but I had an ac shop replace the compressor, flush the ac lines and vacuum and charge the system. It still fluctuates when the ac is on and I'm sure if it continues will cause the ac compressor to go bad again, so I need to get this fixed.
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. I see your question has been open for a while. Are you still needing help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm still needing help. I would like to get it fixed. The work-around that I have come up with is to only run the AC on the freeway (it gets hot through the city in traffic).