Greg
Greg, import technician
Experience:  Shop Owner / Technician ,. 27 years experience,
29331485

My Honda Cr v 2.0 2002 run ok but poor performance, I change

Customer Question

Hi my Honda Cr v 2.0 2002 run ok but poor performance, I change pistion rings, headgasket, trottlesensor, filter, sparkplugs, check valves but noting help, if i use littel trottle its normal, but almost notting happen if use more trottle, until vtec kick in around 4800 rpm. If drive 100 km/h in overdrive, its lose speed and gear down. You have tips what to try, Honda run all test but noting show on them, i try simular car, its was dubble torque.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
First i suggest you check for malfunction codes ,if the check engine light is on when the engine is running then you do have a stored code .
With a good scan tool check that the OCV VVT are operating correctly the timing should be rechecked .
VTEC SOLENOID SPOOL VALVE typical issue remove and check that the gaze filter is clean, most common issue also on this engine for lose of power .
And do a compression test wet and dry test .
Fuel pressure test , was the fuel filter changed ??
Please rate my help a good to excellent if you are satisfied .
If not ready to rate don't rate poor or bad service as we can continue to work on this issue or I can opt out and recommend another expert .
After accepting there is no extra charge for further assistance.
If I don't reply soon I will as quickly as I can when i get back on line.
Kind regards Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All this is checked on Honda workshop, I have also changed the piston rings, head gasket includes surface grinding ,valve grinding and adjustment , VTEC check , changed trotlesensor, clean airsensor , changed spark plugs , thermostat, check ECU, filters ......
I live in Thailand here is at times very hot, I notice that if the outside temperature is below 30 C are things almost normal , between 30 and 35 C , there is less power , over 35 C , it is difficult to drive over 100km / h , and the car gets too hot, Temp go down fast if less trottle. If I use owerdrive can not keep a higher speed than 80km / h without a downshift, If I'm driving on the freeway with owerdrive disabled and over 5800 rpm so that VTEC is active , it seems the car acting normally, temperature normal and enough power. The car also drive on LPG, all just same if use LPG or gasoline.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry vtec at 4800 rpm not 5800
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi .
Thank you for getting back with the added information .
Now we know this is not fuel related .
Petrol or LPG same problem .
No check engine light ON or any malfunction codes found in the system.
Did Honda do an active performance test on the vtec system this can be done with the scan tool they have .
Check engine oil level if low you will have VVT issue
We need a live data reading of engine coolant temp, air intake temp.
MAP sensor ,BARO,sensor ,TPS check for glitches .
Rgds Grge