Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

I have a 1999 accord lx with a p1381 code, - I've replaced

Customer Question

I have a 1999 accord lx with a p1381 code, - I've replaced the distributor sub assembly, plugs and wires and ignition rotor - the spark sheild for the coil is installed and facing the shaft but the code keeps reappearing, What else needs to be checked?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

It sounds like you have tried the most common causes for code P1381. There is one other possible cause for the code. If the alternator has a faulty diode it can cause electrical interference that can set the code. I have included information on how to check the alternator. One step says to use the Honda HDS diagnostic scan tool to check the alternator. You will need to have the alternator tested at an auto parts store unless you have access to a advanced type scan tool.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. I will continue to help after the rating until you have the advice and answer you need!

Thanks again! ~Honda-Man