Greg
Greg, import technician
Experience:  Shop Owner / Technician ,. 27 years experience,
29331485

2000 Honda Accord. 4 cyl manual My idle seems to be low.

Customer Question

2000 Honda Accord. 4 cyl manual My idle seems to be low. When I stop at a stoplight it dips low like it's gonna die. Also when the AC kicks on it significantly affects the idle as well as if I hold two power window buttons up when they are already up.
Seems like he idle is too low.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi
This is going to be your idle control . most cases the throttle body just needs cleaning out .
Check for malfunction codes you may find you have a P0505 code which is the IAC , need replacing , no codes then a good cleaning will sort this issue out ..
Note:
Make sure you disconnect the battery before removing the Throttle body for cleaning , be careful of the TPS and MAP don't spray throttle cleaner on this part.
Change the "O" ring and gasket .
Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service rate buttons .
This way i can get back to you and suggest other options or suggest another Expert .
Kindest regards Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I wil try this
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Good let me know if you need anything and have a good day .
Rgds Greg.