Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I'm just researching why my 2008 Accord has an oil leak

Customer Question

I'm just researching why my 2008 Accord has an oil leak problem. It's not near as bad as some of the ones I've been reading about. I've mentioned it at the dealer a couple of times and they have never mentioned a known problem. It still continues to leak. I just add oil when needed.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Have you looked underneath the vehicle to see if it is leaking from the center, driver side or passenger side of engine compartment, or do you see fresh oil on top of engine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The leak seems so small I never actually see any evidence of it. I've looked under the car and I've not seen any oil in the engine compartment when I've added oil.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
There are over a dozen seals/gaskets that could cause the leak and without at least knowing the general area where oil is being found, it is simply impossible to be able to tell what seal/gasket is leaking oil.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Thanks.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
You are welcome