Tim Mohr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

2008 honda accord coupe ac problem no leaks clutch engages.

Customer Question

2008 honda accord coupe ac problem no leaks clutch engages. Changed cabin filter filter was clogged ac was freezing shut vehicle of restarted ac now hot . Ck ed low side hose coming from compressor hose collapses low side line going to evaporater cold
but still blowing hot air ck ed operation of all door motors .
Category: Honda
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** the low side line is collapsing, then you have a bad expansion valve, have you had it on a set of gauges and seen if the low side is going into a vaccum?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I was leaning towards the valve because the cabin air filter was extremely dirty after I replaced it the ac air was extremely cold is it possible for the cabin filter to have damaged the valve how tough is it to remove the valve ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or do u have a removal and replacement procedure .I checked online have seen and R&R procedures.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have not seen any R&R procedures. Ps. The line does freeze up right at the firewall and then get warmer I guess from bad circulation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its going into vacuum.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
i CAN PUT TOGETHER A pdf FILE CONTAINING ALL THE INFO IF YOU LIKE? bUT THIS IS DEFINATELY GOING TO BE A BAD EXPANSION VALVE,tIM