justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

My 2007 Honda Civic Coup is not starting even when the light

Customer Question

Hello! My 2007 Honda Civic Coup is not starting even when the light and power is still working. Do you have any ideas what the cause may be?
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Is the engine spinning over when you turn the key to START, or does nothing happen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello Justin,Nothing happens when I turn the key except for the dashboard lighting up.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

Okay, thanks for the information. I'm pretty sure the problem is a faulty starter. Use a test light or multimeter to test with here. Go to connecter 102 (I will include a picture). It is a 1 pin connector with a black wire in it. While someone is holding the key over in the start position check to see if there is power on this wire. If you unplug it to test you need to make sure you are testing the harness side and not the starter side. If you unplug it to test and you are unsure which is the harness side and which is the starter side just check both ends for power to make sure. If there is power on this wire with the key held over in start the problem is a faulty starter. If there is not let me know and we can continue diagnosing.

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there won't be additional charges for asking questions after you rate so if you need more information just ask me. Thanks.