Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

I just bought a manual transmission Honda Accord 1999 in

Customer Question

Hi:) I just bought a manual transmission Honda Accord 1999 in perfect condition one owner meticulously kept 184000! Mi for $2000..... While going over a speed bump I heard a squeak in the back shocks: owner says she was told no biggie: I looked up shocks and struts online for about $140.00 but how long should it take a mechanic to change them
Category: Honda
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I will be happy to answer that for you. Let me look it up in the labor guide that all repair shops have to go by...be right back.

It calls for 2.1 hours labor to replace both rear struts. All you have to do is call the shop that will install them and ask them their labor rate because they all differ in price. Average is around $100 per hour.

I hope that i have provided the information you were seeking. If you are satisfied with my service please use the required rating for me to receive credit for working with you. If you have another question about this please let me know so l can continue to help you.
You can still ask questions even after you do the required rating and there is no further charge!