Mike, Honda Technician
Experience:  33 years of diagnostic / repair work.
9261905

I have a 2005 Honda civic the gr key light fdashes car wiil

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Honda civic the gr key light fdashes car wiil start but tack and temp gage don't work and I have little power
Category: Honda
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** *****
First - check the condition of the car battery - a poor / weak or otherwise faulty battery will cause module spikes etc - even in the cluster.. If you can , replace it with a known good one to test ..or have it tested pro at a garage / shop....
If its not that at fault, then you need to check the ground circuits - starting with the main from the battery - back up to the cluster circuit / fuse boxes.
Check the actual fuse too for the diag test socket... But if thats ok, it could be you have incompatible equipment OR SOFTWARE for that system -this happens a lot.... bear that in mind.
If you dont find any such faults as above, then you need to check / have checked the actual ignition unit next - these do give such faults...causing such faults.. after that .... the fault would be with the cluster.
So thats how to work through this one to get it fixed for you.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out.
-- Best Rgds, MIKE.