Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

2003 Honda odeyssy, transmission range lights intermittent

Customer Question

2003 Honda odeyssy, transmission range lights intermittent on the dash. Need to jiggle with gear lever to get P light on to get it started. cruse control light doesn't come on . But cruise control work. Changed the transmission range switch. Problem still
there.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

This sounds more of an issue with either the shift interlock solenoid or the shifter assembly itself, but could just need the shifter cable adjusted. I have attached the directions for that, which needs to be done

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already adjusted the cable, adjusted the range switch. This is definitely electrical problem. Please note that cruise control
Light on the dash not coming up on the dash until we get the D light on.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Ok, I didnt see it mentioned where you adjusted the cable.
I suspect either the shifter interlock solenoid or the shifter assembly itself, which need to be tested with a scan tool to confirm which one is at fault
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can switch shift interlock solonod from another good working 2003 Honda odeyssy. Which solonoids you want me to switch? I need locations.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I have attached a diagram of its location - at backside of the shifter assembly. you have to remove the shifter assembly to remove and replace the solenoid

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already switch the whole part ( with the gear shift lever) from another working 2003 Honda odyssey.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please note that cruise control
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
You did not mention the fact that you had already switched that part. I will opt out at this point as you dont seem to be very forthcoming in stating everything tried to this point, which makes it difficult at best to try and help.
If another expert wishes to help, they will reply here. Do not reply back until they do so, or it locks it to me and prevents another expert from helping