Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

2010 honda civic: A/C blowing hot air; coolant is full

Customer Question

Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

Is the engine overheating? When using the A/C does it cool the air at all? Even just a little? Can you hear the fans and/or compressor come on when the A/C button is pressed?

Thanks!

Honda-Man

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No cool air is coming in.; however, I do hear the fan. The engine has not overheated - in fact it is a new engine.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.

Good news about it not overheating that helps!

OK, if the fans are working when the A/C button is on that means it has enough of a charge for the fans and compressor to function. That does not mean the compressor is actually coming on or if the charge level is correct. It just means most of the potential problems are ruled out. First make sure the compressor is coming on with the fans. It will click and start turning when the fans come on. If it does not work with the fans the compressor clutch circuit needs to be checked. If the compressor is coming on with the fans charge the A/C system with the correct amount and recheck.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask follow-up questions after the rating.

Thanks again! ~Honda-Man