HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I HAVE AN 04 HONDA ACCORD THAT ON OCCASION WILL NOT START.

Customer Question

I HAVE AN 04 HONDA ACCORD THAT ON OCCASION WILL NOT START. TURN THE KEY, EVERYTHING APPEARS FINE ALL THE LIGHTS ARE WORKING, WHEN GO INTO CRANKING MODE CAR WILL NOT CRANK, HOWEVER, THERE IS A BUZZING SOUND COMING FROM THE LEFT SIDE OF THE DASH. ONLY WHEN CRANKING DO YOU HEAR THAT SOUND AFTER A COUPLE OF TRIES THE CAR WILL START EVENTUALLY. DEALER HAS ALREADY REPLACED THE STARTER AND NOW WANTS TO REPLACE THE IGNITION SWITCH. THEY ARE NOT SURE THAT THIS IS THE PROBLEM. VEHICLE HAS A 165,000 MILES BUT MOSTLY HIGHWAY MILES. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 1 year ago.
The ignition switch is the issue I have replaced dozens of those for this issue. They will then need to reimburse you for the starter. These are the next steps. Please rate excellent service. Bonuses greatly appreciated.