Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Honda Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Honda Diagnostics
18617752

Honda Civic 1.3: I have honda civic hybrid p1600/ p1433 code

Customer Question

I have honda civic hybrid p1600/ p1433 code won't pass inspection in nj for check engine light on but if I clear them I get a not ready code
Category: Honda
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place...The P1600 is just a general code that simply states there is a problem in the Hybrid System. When this code sets, 99.9% of the time there is another code along with it that will more accurately point to the root of the problem. In your case, the P1433.The P1433 is a very straight forward code that says the Hybrid Battery has deteriorated to the point that it is no longer capable of holding and sustaining a charge and doing it's job correctly. The only cure for this code (and in turn, the P1600) is to replace the Hybrid Battery. To offset the high cost of a new hybrid battery, Honda currently has a battery exchange program in effect. The program will take your battery and replace it with a refurbished/rebuilt battery at a fraction of the cost.Please do the right thing and remember to leave a rating using the rating system at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions any time, even after you rate or accept.