Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Acccord: 2008 accord no low beams, there is power at the bulbs

Customer Question

2008 accord no low beams, there is power at the bulbs and they are good. where can I check for ground without tearing the car half apart ?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.Do you have automatic lighting? Auto setting on the headlight switch?So you have power at the low beam wires red/yellow(left side) and brown(rt side) when the switch is in the on position? Thanks! Honda-Man
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes the car does have autolights .I have insured the switch is in the full on position. the is power in to the light connector but when I use a powered test light there is no continuity thru to ground on the other side.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
OK here is the ground location for each headlight low beam bulb. G302 is for the drivers side and G201 is for the passengers side. The bulb ground wires are both black. G201 is behind the glove box near the micro filter housing. G302 is under the drivers side dash. You can probe the back of the socket at the black wire to see if adding a temporary ground will help. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask follow-up questions after the rating.Thanks again! ~Honda-Man