Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

My Honda Civic 1989 model loads up, and bogs down

Customer Question

Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. Have you tried the engine coolant temperature sensor? It's a common cause of your problem. It fails causing the ECM to think it's extremely cold out. The ECM injects fuel to compensate for what it thinks is an arctic day! The sensor resistance valve can be checked to see if it's bad. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask follow-up questions after the rating.Thanks again! ~Honda-Man