Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech 34 years.
7276279

Passport: I have a 95 Honda Passport that has a Check Trans

Customer Question

I have a 95 Honda Passport that has a Check Trans light flashing. Drove with the trans in backup mode and parked at home. During drive occasionally all center dash lights (Check trans, power drive, winter drive, and A/T Fluid lights) would flash. Turned engine off when parked, now it won't start, clicking from the starter solenoid, started with a jump but rough idled and threatened to die unless I kept my foot on the gas.
Blower fan also not working. I'm assuming it's a ground or short issue.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, Previously - though probably unrelated - The Rear Diff Lock light would come on with the Brake light periodically. This signified no changes in performance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would really appreciate an opinion on where to start, or what the problem could be, or if you've heard of this series of misfortunes in a Honda Passport/Isuzu Rodeo before. If you need photos of components, let me know.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I would start first with having the battery charged and the battery and the charging system tested to be sure both are okay. If this checks okay then the next steps would be to have the computer system scanned to see what fault code and or codes are setting when the service light are coming on. Check this and post back with the results and I will help you from there.