Fixitman
Fixitman, Technician /Advisor
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Auto/Diesel Technology,
1627031

I have a 2005 accord hybrid and the a/c will only cool

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2005 accord hybrid and the a/c will only cool at highway speeds. are both cooling fans supposed to run with a/c on? and, if so, are they supposed to run at high speeds....cuz they don't
Both fans run when a/c is on...but they seem to run at a low speed...is this normal? The a/c is warm at low speeds. i evacuated and added approx. 19 oz like the sticker says, but its still warm at idle and low speeds. I just wasn't sure if the fans were supposed to be running at higher speeds. thank you
Category: Honda
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thanks for the question. This almost definitely sounds like a fan issue. With the a/c on both fans should run at high speeds. If the condenser fan does not come on at all then the fan may be bad or you may have a circuit issue. Do both fans come on when the engine gets hot or just one and at what speed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for quick response. When first started and a/c turned on both fans run at low speeds. When at operating temp and a/c on both fans will cycle from low to high speed....i assume cuz its responding to temp sensor. So, should both fans run at high speed any time a/c is on? if so, what may be causing this?
thanks
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.
Have you noticed if the fans are cycling with the a/c compressor from high to low speed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The compressor stays on at both fan speeds....but not cooling well.
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.
Does the a/c still continue to work when the engine shuts off and it is in electric mode?