Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

1999 honda passport speedometer & odometer stopped working.

Customer Question

Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not expect this to take so long.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. sorry for the delay, weekend evenings can be busy. Have you tried the cruise control to see if it's inop also? The speedo and cruise use the vehicle speed sensor(VSS) to operate. If both are not functioning the VSS is probably bad. It's located on the transfer case. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask follow-up questions after the rating.Thanks again! ~Honda-Man
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where is the transfer case. Easily accessible?
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
It bolts to the end of the transmission and is where the drive lines attach. From under the vehicle look up and you will see it. Thanks, Honda-Man