Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Odessey: I have an Honda odyssey 2005 and the air conditioner

Customer Question

I have an Honda odyssey 2005 and the air conditioner has stop working. At first it blow out really cold air then nothing. The compressor is not coming on. The fuses all look good
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. How did you try to get the compressor to work? Thanks, Honda-Man
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I havent really try I just read that if the compressor wheel turn by hand that it wasnt locked.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply and information. The first thing to check is the charge level of the refrigerant. If low it won't let the compressor clutch engage. I would have the system checked to see if the refrigerant level is correct or if there are any leaks. If that's all good the compressor clutch circuit needs to be checked. It can be a bad relay, compressor clutch electrical coil etc. There are refill kits that have a gauge for checking the level. Auto pares stores sell them. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask follow-up questions after the rating.Thanks again! ~Honda-Man