HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Civic EX: I've got a '03 Civic that's only blowing cold air

Customer Question

I've got a '03 Civic that's only blowing cold air from the driver side vent. The other vents are blowing but only warm air. System charge is normal, the compressor is coming on, and the condenser fan is working. Any idea where I should look next?
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Can you please tell me what the system pressures are? You stated that they were normal, but I would like to know the exact pressures if you have that information handy. If you can tell me the high and low side pressures with the engine idling and a/c on that would be great
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure about the high side but low side pressure was about 40psi at idle with the a/c on.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.
The low side pressure is normal at idle. It would be nice to know the high side pressure, but we can proceed without that information for now. Next I would like to know the lowest temperature at each vent (Right, Right/center, Left Center, Left) with the a/c on recirculate and the fan speed at 2 (medium low). Thanks