nabilc
nabilc,
Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic
30385560

2003 Honda odeyssy quit working power windows,driver side

Customer Question

2003 Honda odeyssy quit working power windows,driver side power mirror and cruise control . Fuses good. There is power to driver door switch.passenger side power mirror working,passenger side door lock working. Recently repaired ignition switch , and rebuild
the transmission . Swap the driver door with another switch,still the same. Driver door switch working on the another odeyssy.
Category: Honda
Expert:  nabilc replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
I would double check the fuses, in engine bay, and passenger compartment. But if the problem persists, i would check the wiring getting to the front driver's door, from the A pillar chassis to the door. This is protected by a rubber sleeve, i would move the sleeve to the side, to check the wiring there, as if this wiring is disconnected, it would disconnect power to the door equipment (window, lock and mirror).
Regards,
Billy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is power to the main switch . Looks there is no ground. When we take off transmission do we have to take off ground wire of left cabin wire harness.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Main switch means driver door switch.
Expert:  nabilc replied 1 year ago.
when removing the transmission, the gearbox ground point, the engine ground point, the left and right ground points are removed.
but i would first check the ground points inside the vehicle (under the carpet, in footwell and on the A-pillar).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have time to work on it now. When I work on it can I call you . I will pay for that.
Expert:  nabilc replied 1 year ago.
Take your time.... extra pay is required for a phone call, but don't worry, i will stay with you here, no phone call is needed...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked ground wire by the thermostat, under the starter and by the speed sender , where the other one goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked ground wire by the thermostat, under the starter and by the speed sender where the other one goes.
Expert:  nabilc replied 1 year ago.
I would check under the carpets in the driver and passenger footwells.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which wire is the ground wire on driver door switch connector .?
Expert:  nabilc replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid i don't have access to the wiring diagrams right now. So i will opt out, so another expert checks this out. In the meantime, i do recommend that you check the ground points in the footwell.
Regards,
Billy