Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech 34 years.
7276279

Dealership recently did an AC service on my car but now appears to wor

Customer Question

Dealership recently did an AC service on my car but now appears to work intermittently.
On warm days, it seems to work (but not as cold as it was before the service) and then on hot days, the air will be 6 degrees Celcius cooler than interior cabin temp (at one point 39 C) but the AC vent air temp never gets cooler than the 31 C even after running continuously for 30 minutes.
What could be wrong or could cause this especially after a service (when it was wrong perfectly before)?
Observation: When the compressor kicks in now, compared to prior to the service, the AC doesn't seem to take up as much 'horsepower' as before
Submitted: 1 year ago via OnlineAutoRepair.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If you where not having this problem before you had the AC system serviced then its possible they did not get the proper amount of freon in the system. I would return to the dealer and have them recheck the pressures. Normal pressure on a full system should be right at 30 to 35 PSI on the low side and right at 200 to 225 PSI on the high side. Let me know the results and if you need more help, post back and we can work from there.