Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Civic: i have a hole in the side of the transmission case (96

Customer Question

i have a hole in the side of the transmission case (96 civic auto). can i remove the 13 bolts holding that part of the case to get it off and repair it?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. The case part you are asking about can't be removed and replaced without removing and dissembling the transmission. Automatic transmissions are fairly complicated so it will require replacing the complete transmission with a used part. The cost to just replace the broken part would be more than a good used transmission. Sorry about the news, I have experienced the same issue with one of my Honda's. A large rock hidden in the snow broke the case. If you want to be sure send me a picture, I might have a idea how to fix it cheaper? Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask follow-up questions after the rating.Thanks again! ~Honda-Man