Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Element ex: I have a 2003 Honda Element that just went to Honda

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Honda Element that just went to Honda for an AC repair $1800 later they found out the tech did not replace the condensing fan the condensing fan is now been replaced and is functioning and the AC still continues to cycle on and off repeatedly and will not maintain a cold interior
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. Can please tell me what exactly they replaced? The parts list should be on the receipt. Thanks! Honda-Man
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It appears all of the info wasn't included above. Honda 1st stated they replaced a fuse and it was fixed. Next call they replaced the compressor, and we could pick up the car but the condenser cooling fan wasn't running and they stated that was ok. When the car was picked the a/c didn't work. Service manager stated they should have replaced the condenser cooling fan before trouble shooting anything else. At this point all of honda's 1800.00 in parts have been removed and original parts are on the system with a brand new condenser cooling fan and the system is charged. The a/c cycles on and off every few seconds the same as it did with all the new factory parts in place and theyou have no answer.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
The condenser fan is only on when the compressor clutch is engaged. It's normal for the condenser fan to cycle off and on with the compressor clutch. If it's too often and it lacks cooling the compressor clutch circuit needs to be diagnosed. Normally this issue is caused by low refrigerant charge. It can also be an electrical problem. It sounds like you are getting the run around and have a inexperienced technician. A/C issues can be tough for the inexperienced. I suggest asking for another technician to look at it? Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask follow-up questions after the rating.Thanks again! ~Honda-Man