Steve
Steve, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  13+ years with Honda,ase certified over 25 years
13523613

Accord: Once every week or ten days last 5-6 weeks

Customer Question

Once every week or ten days for the last 5-6 weeks the car has failed to start. No loud click, just all lights in dash. Radio, headlights, windows all operate normally. Until today, car started normally after an hour or so. AAA ran diagnostics and got no faults.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Something like this is hard to diagnose without being by the car but I have a couple things in mind.
Since you had AAA look at it I will assume you will not be working on it yourself.
One thing to check for when it does not start would be if the "P" light on the dash is lit. Also when it does not start you can try placing the shifter in neutral and trying.
If the "P" light does not come on you might have a bad gear selector switch or the shift cable could be out of adjustment. Try pushing forward on the shifter when trying to start it.
If all this is ok I would say that the starter is failing. I have seen some go bad like this.
The anti theft system does not prevent the starter from operating which is why the remote has no effect.
If you have questions or need more help just ask.