HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Why does the car alarm on my 2000 Honda S2000 go off the minute

Customer Question

Why does the car alarm on my 2000 Honda S2000 go off the minute I open the car door despite using the key fob to unlock the door? Then, the alarm refuses to turn off even after I start the car. This occurs after the car has set for more than a few days without being started. The alarm continues to cycle on and off even with driving the car. Any thoughts about how to rectify this?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I need to know when this started happening.
Did you just purchase the car or recently got a new key fob?
If you did just purchase a new remote fob can you list the part number of the one you were sold.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've had the car for 4 years along with the fobs. I replaced the batteries in all 3 fobs in May and they were working fine. The car was not started for about 10 days and this problem occurred today when I went to move the car. This same situation occurred about 2 years ago but I forget what they did to rectify it. I think the mechanic turned the key twice counterclockwise in the lock but this did not work this time when I did it.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Is it doing it with all 3 key fobs? Normally if you lock and unlock the door with the key it does turn off the alarm.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it does it with all the fobs - I am really getting frustrated!!
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I know this booklet is not labeled S2000 but try to reprogram the remotes according to what is in it. Let me know if it helped.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5hv5vwv39ol5gdb/ALARM%20MANUAL.pdf?dl=0