Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Accord: I have a 97 accord se 2.2 non vtech. Im getting the

Customer Question

I have a 97 accord se 2.2 non vtech. Im getting the code for transmission range switch (circuit malfunction?). I replaced the switch itself but im still getting the code. My d4 light doesnt illuminate at all, im going to see about putting a new bulb in...i think it may have been temoved by previous owner....hoping to see if d4 blinks a code. Im stumped
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Can I get the code number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So i replaced the d4 bulb (turns out its not flashing), and i got it rescanned and the trans range code wasnt there. I think it cleared when i recently reset my ecu. My problem is a hard shift, and it seems to be shifting at inopportune times. I was thinking motor mount but im thinking more and more that its something electrical.
Can you tell me which shifts are harsh N-R or N-D or 1-2-3-4
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its not so much N or R, but all gears while driving. If im in 2nd and let off the gas itll still shift into 3rd, but the car has already slowed down to where it seems like it shouldnt have. Also the rpms seem a bit off when it shifts, almost like a surge.
Thanks, ***** ***** like the ones you mentioned should store trouble codes for the transmission if there is electrical solenoid issues. These symptoms fall more in line with valve body concerns. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris