Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Honda Accord: How much will it cause to get it fixed

Customer Question

How much will it cause to get it fixed
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My car is Misfierring
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. Is your Accord a 4cyl or V6? Thanks! Honda-Man
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
V6
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information and quick reply. When does it misfire? Idling at a stop or driving down the road? Or both?Is the check engine light flashing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When it comes to a stop and yes the light is flashing
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
The light flashes to warn you the catalytic converter could be damaged. The catalytic converter is approx $800 so I would avoid driving it until the misfire is repaired. The most common cause is a stuck open EGR valve. Parts and labor is approx. $300.The actual cost range that I see when doing a misfire diagnosis is $200-$425. The diagnosis at the dealer is approx. $125 before the actual repair is done. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask follow-up questions after the rating.Thanks again! ~Honda-Man