MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH, Honda Service Technician
Experience:  28 years of Honda training and a master Honda tech
10834442

Civic Si: I have a 2009 Honda Civic Si two door where my A/C

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Honda Civic Si two door where my A/C is not cooling properly. When parked in a garage for awhile, upon turning the car on and A/C running, there are cool air coming out. after driving awhile, the A/C air gets WARM even. then after driving for a long while cool air comes back on but it is NOT as cool as what the A/C is meant to be. I have been reading that my clutch relay fuse may be bad???
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  MASTER TECH replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am master tech and will be able to assist you first things first I need to know the a/c pressures static and running on both the low and high side.for this you will need a set of ac gauges.the most likely issue here is a low charge on the system due to a small leak
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took it to my mechanic and they have injected dye into the refrigerant and there are no leaks. I do not know the A/C pressure static. My mechanic also said that the refrigerant in my A/C is also full at manufacturer's specification.
Ok thank you for the info. You mentioned this will stop blowing cold. Does it take about 15 minutes about for it to start blowing cold again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes....Sometimes it takes longer on hot days and sometimes it is shorter...it is not as predictable as being cold to warm or warm to cold every 15 minutes.
Ok then you have a bad expansion valve. This is inside the evaporater box inside the dash. This is a tell tail sign for this failure. Mew have been seen these at my dealer and same concern. So to correct this you will need to replace the expansion valve.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How sure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How sure are you of this conclusion and how much do you think it will cost me to get this replaced and fixed?
im very sure but if the car was in front of me and I had the ac gauges hooked up I would run the system until is failed. then seen the low side pull a vacuum then I would be 100 %