HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

CRV: 2002 crv with 441,000 miles, was setting codes

Customer Question

2002 crv with 441,000 miles, was setting codes for cam and crank sensor out of tolerance and smoking on first start-up. Removed head, cleaned up at machine and resurface head. I replaced all V-Tech parts, solenoid for VTC, all guides, chain, tensioner, solenoid pack on the firewall side shop timing chain issues? crank car up and drive 20 miles and switch off, restart and oil light flickers and no power. I rechecked and cam code shows up, recheck and find the timing is off again. I tear back down and set timing up again, after driving for 30 miles or so, switch car off and restarted1 hour later and repeat of oil light flicker and car has no power again. I'm rechecking the car for same cam code in the morning. The oil pressure goes to around 10 at idle, after car warms up and 50 psi on throttle increase, can you give me some help?
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 1 year ago.
Did you replace the timing belt hydrolic tensioner ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Timing chain, tensioner, guides, VTC solenoid, solenoid pack on the back side of the cylinder head, everything has been changed and it's jump timing several times and had to reset several times

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I replaced chain, guides, tensioner (hydraulic) VTC solenoid, solenoid pack mounted on back side of cylinder head (RH side) or fire wall side, oil pressure is 10 psi, after warm up and 50+ on acceleration.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
I sent the response to the Tech's question this morning, early and I have yet to get a response from him