Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

I broke the lock unlock tab on my 95 honda dx. Then when I

Customer Question

I broke the lock unlock tab on my 95 honda dx. Then when I tried to pry it back to the unlock position it dropped down out of reach. I have to remove the back door panel but with the door closed this is difficult. I just want to return it to the unlocked position as a temporary fix. The Honda place said $106.50 just to remove the panel and then more for the additional work.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. I would try to use a coat hanger or wire with a hook bent into the end. You should be able to use a flash light and grab the lock rod under the broken part. You could drive to a locksmith business and ask them to open the door with their lock out tools. Driving there would save most of the expense. I have also included the rear door panel removal instructions. There really isn't much holding it in place. If you can at least get it loose near the lock rod you could hook or grab the lock rod. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask follow-up questions after the rating.Thanks again! ~Honda-Man