Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Ridgeline: have a 2011 ridgeline with a factory installed hitch

Customer Question

have a 2011 ridgeline with a factory installed hitch and wiring. the power has shut down to the plugin. No other lights are our and the fuse for the accessory plug is OK. Any idea what the problem could be?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. Do any of the trailer lights work? How did you test the plug for power? Thanks! Honda-Man
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I think the trailer has a dead short and took out a fuse in the Honda. Problem is I do not know which one. Is there a fuse dedicated to the trailer plug?
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
There will be separate fuses for the turn signals, taillights, and back up lights. If the lights on the truck are OK the problem must be on the trailer. Do all of the lights work on the truck?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the lights on the truck are working.
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
OK, your problem is most likely related to the trailer light control unit. It does have fuses just for the control unit itself if the fuses are all OK you will need to test for power at the trailer light plug and then trace back to the control unit. In the under-hood auxiliary fuse box check fuses #1 and #8. I have included a diagram with the location. If the fuses are good it will need to be properly diagnosed with a voltmeter and ohmmeter. Please kindly rate my service for the advice I have given. If you still need help after the rating Just come back and ask! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service is what I work for! If you can't rate in a positive way please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask follow-up questions after the rating.Thanks again! ~Honda-Man