Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

CRV: 2001 CRV rebuilt motor 30000 or 40000 on it new head with

Customer Question

2001 CRV rebuilt motor 30000 or 40000 on it new head with about 15000 on it threw code 1399 few other o2 high voltage and 420 couldn't get it to record any other misfire codes finally did adjusted valves now it is hard to start when it does start it idles fine can power break in f or r won't die then no load give it gas it will die sometimes it does the opposite can't get it to throw any codes now
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure about Milage on rebuilt motor not over 50000
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
With the 420 code that set this may be a restricted catalytic converter needing replaced.If you have not had an exhaust back pressure test done I would have this done to see if the catalytic converter needs replaced.Normally you want to see no more then 1.5 psi of back pressure at all engine rpm's.Anything more then this indicates it is plugged needing replaced.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok been having water well and ac problems at home but ran today seems hard to start then started warmer it got started acting up I was thinking that also the old tennis ball shoved in the exhaust except cat won't clear like that. Won't throw. 420 after couple drive cycles so no codes yet . Vacuum high at idle so it dies if u can get it above 50 vacuum lower do truck appears to be running ok makes since . It has two cats or one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
took cat off still does same thing runs ok if accelerated slowly if you punch it dies did get 1399 pending but thats all fuel trim high at idle and 2500 sitting still dont think its the cat idle kinda goes up a little now but checked for vacuum leaks with propane and no change gonna check compression tomorrow working on lawnmower today
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I apologize for the delay.I was on vacation for a bit there.
Did you get the compression test done and what did it show?
Let me know,thanks Pete.